1. Commitment to Privacy
Sharks Mind is committed to regulating the collection, use, and dissemination of the personal information provided by its users and/or customers.
2. Personal Information
(1) Generally, “personal information” is any information that allows an individual to be identified, including their name, residential and/or business address, email address, information about products and services, and complaints.
(2) SharksMind only collects personally identifiable information when you intentionally and voluntarily offer it, such as when you subscribe to our website. Additionally, we may acquire personal information from our business partners and other third parties, provided that these third parties indicate that they have gained your authorization to transmit your personal information.
(3) The information in a public directory, such as your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, does not constitute personal information.
3. Collection and Use of Personal Data
(1) SharksMind collects and uses your personal information primarily to provide you with the products and services you have requested from us
(2) Your personal information is used to communicate with you about your account and to inform you about other services. If you indicated an interest in receiving offers or information from some sponsors or advertisers, your personal information would also be used to contact you or send you e-mails and other mailings about items and services that may interest you. You always have the option to instruct us not to share your personal information with third parties or to exclude you from receiving offers for other products or services.
(3) SharksMind may also contact you periodically to conduct market research and surveys to enhance our product and service offerings further.
(4) Unless you expressly ask us to do so, or unless required or permitted by law, SharksMind will not sell, lease, or distribute your personal information to third parties.
(5) SharksMind may use anonymous or “non-personal” information collected through our website for technical, research, and analytical purposes. SharksMind may employ data from surveys, existing files, and public archives to study the market and develop and improve service offers.
(6) SharksMind will only request necessary information about you and will only do so when required. When we request information from you, we will explain why we need it and what we intend to do with it.
(7) We will obtain your consent before collecting, using, and disclosing your information, as applicable privacy laws require. You may deny permission to our collection, use, or disclosure of information about you, subject to legal and contractual limitations. You may also revoke your consent to further collection, use, or sharing of your data at any time by providing us with fair notice. We will tell you if our planned disclosures or uses of information change.
(8) Without your consent, your personal information will not be used for any other reason.
(1) SharksMind may share your personal information with third parties acting on our behalf as our agents, suppliers, or service providers so that we can more efficiently provide the products and services you have requested. These third-party service providers receive only the required information. The information submitted to third parties is strictly confidential and may only be used for the specified purpose.
(1) Employing Cookies, SharksMind uses a browser component known as a cookie to gather information and track user behavior on our website anonymously. A cookie is a small text file our website places on your hard drive.
(2) Cookies contain a unique identifier that identifies your browser, but not you, to our computers when you visit our website. Cookies notify us of the number and pages visited by website visitors.
(3) Cookies are an industry standard, and most major browsers are initially configured to allow them. You can configure your browser to refuse all cookies or to alert you when a cookie is received. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to utilize some of our website’s services.
(1) SharksMind will attempt to give you accurate, thorough, and current information. However, please notify SharksMind of any changes to your name, address, or other information submitted to the company. If you have concerns about the accuracy of the factual information we have acquired about you, you will be able to access and change that information. If we have shared false information about you with a third party, we would gladly contact that party to request that they update their records.
(1) SharksMind is committed to keeping your information confidential. We use security measures such as locked filing cabinets, restricted access, and the use of passwords and encryption to protect your personal information from loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, and alteration. The workers at our company have always been taught to respect your privacy, and the individuals who have access to your personal information will only use it according to the organization’s privacy policies and laws.
8. Children’s Information
Adding protection for children as they use the internet is our other priority. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, guide, and/or engage in their children’s online activity.
SharksMind does not collect any Personally Identifiable Information from minors under 13. If you believe your child has supplied this kind of information on our website, please notify us immediately, and we will make every effort to remove such information from our records promptly.
(1) By following the instructions in the marketing communication or by contacting us, users can choose not to receive future offers from us, including having their email addresses removed from email marketing lists (unsubscribed). If you wish to opt-out of future communications from our third-party marketing partners, you must contact them directly. Their privacy policies govern the use of information by a third party, and we have no control over or responsibility for their actions.
(2) Users may opt out of the collection of online viewing data for behavioral advertising by companies that have elected to participate in one of the behavioral advertising opt-out mechanisms, such as the Digital Adverting Alliance’s opt-out program at http://www.aboutads.info/choices or the Network Advertising Initiative at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. As is the case with the majority of websites, we have opted not to participate in any of these programs or change our behavior when a person visits one of our Websites with the “do-not-track” setting enabled on their browser (see “Browser “Do Not Track” Signals,” mentioned below).
10. Limitation of Liability
(1) Contact our Privacy Compliance Officer if you have any queries concerning the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information or if you want to know if we have any of your data on file. Except in some instances particularly authorized by applicable privacy legislation, SharksMind can notify you if it holds personal information about you unless prohibited by law. They can identify the source of information, provide you with access to your personal information, and locate an account of how the information has been or is being used, as well as the third parties to whom it has been revealed.
(2) SharksMind will only deny access to your information under the conditions permitted or required by applicable privacy laws. If SharksMind restricts your access, it will provide you with an explanation upon request. There may be exceptions for material that contains references to other individuals, information that cannot be revealed for legal, security, or commercial proprietary reasons, and information that is protected by solicitor-client or litigation privilege. SharksMind will react to requests for access under applicable privacy laws.
(2) If you are unsatisfied with our Privacy Compliance Officer’s response to your complaint, you may have recourse to other remedies under relevant privacy law. Contact the federal Privacy Commissioner or your provincial Privacy Commissioner, if applicable, for additional information. You can find contact information on our website or by emailing SharksMind.